Hyundai Department Store Group
Hyundai D/S Group
The parent company of Hyundai Department Store being the leader of distribution industry in Korea is Kumgang Development Industry which was an affiliate of Hyundai Group in 1971. It opened Hyundai Shopping Center in Dong-gu, Ulsan in 1978, and it opened the era of premium department stores as it opened Hyundai Department Store in Apgujeong-dong, Seoul in 1985.
Hyundai Department Store Group which progressively expanded its business to home shopping, cable TV and meal service, etc. after spin-off of affiliation from Hyundai Group in 1999, it has grown to a leading comprehensive living culture enterprise in Korea as it has expanded its business territory to fashion, general food, total living, rental, construction equipment and up to cosmetics since 2010s.
The step of Hyundai Department Store Group to become the most trusted enterprise under the mission ‘Bring Happiness to the Customers and to enrich the World’ will be continued.
Hyundai Rental Care
Construction Equipment/ Manufacturing
Hyundai IT & E
We have a Mission to bring Happiness
to the Customers and to enrich the World
We have a Vision
to be the most trusted Company by the Customers
Customers' first choice
Giving hope to those in difficuity
Offering the best employee benefits in Korea
About Hyundai L&C
About Hyundai L&C
Hyundai L&C being a total interior enterprise of Hyundai Department Store Group has grown as a representative enterprise in Korea specializing in building materials since its foundation in 1965.
It runs the business of various building materials including high-class interior stones and various surface finishing materials based on eco-friendly interior film manufacturing technology, trendy style wall papers and flooring materials, and up to windows & doors of grade 1 energy saving technology, and it is strengthening the status as the ‘total living interior enterprise’ by providing one-stop services from counseling to delivery, construction and after-sales service through operation of directly-managed interior store.
Also, Hyundai L&C has expanded the territory of the market by establishing overseas branches beyond Korea throughout the world including, but not limited to, Canada and the United States, Europe, China and India, and it is accelerating penetration of the global market by establishing cooperation relationships with a variety of global enterprises, etc.
Since becoming the new family of Hyundai Department Store Group in 2018, Hyundai L&C will lead the future life by analyzing and forecasting the lifestyles of customers and design trends in order to make happier and richer world for customers. It will also create a new interior culture with its strong global network, excellent human resources and advanced technical skills.
New Beginnings for Hyundai L&C
- Sep. 2022
- Build the second factory of Hanstone
- Oct. 2020
- Established an India Salees Corporation
- Dec. 2018
- Be incorporated Hyundai D/S Group, Changed the company name to Hyundai L&C Co., Ltd.
- Jun. 2018
- Established a new office in India
- Oct. 2017
Expanded manufacturing lines for the factory in Canada
Opened the exhibition site, Gallery Q(Seoul, Korea)
- Jul. 2017
- Established a joint-venture with Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces
- Aug. 2015
- Founded the HLEU European sales corporation
- Seperated the construction materials department in Hanwha L&C, founded a new corporation
- Apr. 2014
- Awarded the Korean Premium Brand Prize for three consecutive years for the Hanstone Quartz
- Jun. 2013
- Established the integrated VOC(Voice Of Customer) System
- Launched the expert consumer panel, "Elen"
- Opened the Hanstone Quartz exhibition site
Changing with Creative Innovation of Hyundai L&C
- Aug. 2009
- Established a "Hanstone Quartz" manufacturing factory in Canada
- Feb. 2009
- Established the HLTS Shanghai Sales Corporation
- Dec. 2007
- Established Hanwha L&C Canada Inc., a manufacturing corporation in Canada
- Changed the company name and CI from Hanwha General Chemicals Co., Ltd. to Hanwha L&C Co., Ltd.
- Jun. 2005
- Acquired NSF51 certification from the US Public Health Service for "Hanex"
- Jun. 2004
- Acquired environment certification mark (for interior flooring materials)
- Sep. 2003
- Signed contract to introduce engineered stone technology/facilities
- Awarded Financial Management Prize (Korea Financial Management Association)
- Jan. 2002
- Established ABM SYSTEM, acquired K-OH 18001 certification (for the factory in Jinhae)
- Nov. 2001
- Designated as an environmentally-friendly company, acquired KOSHA 2000 certification for Bugang factory
- Apr. 2000
- Expanded manufacturing facilities for scagliola and rigid sheets
Growth of Hyundai L&C
- Sep. 1999
- Divided into Hanwha General Chemicals Co., Ltd. and Hanwha Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Acquired ISO 9001 certificate
- Oct. 1994
- Changed company name to Hanwha General Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Oct. 1991
- Installed emerald manufacturing facilities in the Bugang factory Installed a T-Die extruder in the Jinhae factory
Growth of Hyundai L&C
- Dec. 1988
- Installed rigid sheet manufacturing facilities in the Bugang factory
- May. 1988
- Korea Plastic Industries Co., Ltd. Merged with Hanyang Chemicals
- May. 1986
- Installed PVC windows manufacturing facilities in the Bugang factory
- Apr. 1984
- Installed PVC tile manufacturing facilities in the Bugang factory
- Jan. 1984
- Merger of three companies : Hanyang Chemicals, Korea Chemicals, and Hanyang Chemical District Co., Ltd.
- Installed Goldleum manufacturing facilities in the Jinhae factory
One Step Toward Becoming Hyundai L&C
- Established Korea Plastic Industries Co., Ltd.
The Beginning of Hyundai L&C
- Jul. 1968
- Established a PVC factory in Jinhae
- Established a PVC factory in Bugang
- Established Korea Hwaseong Industries